guix-devel

Re: Latest download from website

From: Mathieu Othacehe
Subject: Re: Latest download from website
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 09:24:10 +0200

Hey Ludo!

> That looks nice to me!  I think it should prominently say that these are
> “development snapshots” (probably these two words must appear) though,
> and perhaps contain a link to /download for those looking for releases.
>
> Other than that, I’d say go for it!

I took your remark into account and pushed. However, I missed
something. As the website is built as a derivation, there's no network
connection and the "latest-builds" request fails.

ERROR: In procedure getaddrinfo:
In procedure getaddrinfo: Servname not supported for ai_socktype
building pages in '/tmp/gnu.org/software/guix'...
Backtrace:
           2 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/k2r4jxc4jww15f05n3kndxrk0a4?")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    619:8  1 (_ #f)
In guix/build/utils.scm:
    654:6  0 (invoke _ . _)

Do you see a work-around? I could always rewrite this Guile part in
JavaScript but that would be sad!

Thanks,

Mathieu