guix-devel

Re: Manual consistency

From: Dmitry Alexandrov
Subject: Re: Manual consistency
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 01:58:47 +0300

Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> wrote:
> Dmitry Alexandrov <dag@gnui.org> writes:
>>      @macro PS1 {prompt}
>>      @inlineraw{html,<span class="PS1">}\prompt\@inlineraw{html,</span>}
>>      @end macro
>
> Oh, neat!  Let’s try this.

Oops!  (info "(texinfo) Defining Macros") recommends against using digits in
macro names:

| For a macro to work consistently with TeX, MACRONAME must consist entirely of
letters: no digits, hyphens, underscores, or other special characters.  So, we
recommend using only letters.  However, 'makeinfo' will accept anything
consisting of alphanumerics, and (except as the first character) '-'.

and rightfully so:

        make non-selectable-command-prompts-mwe.pdf
        ‹…›
        ./non-selectable-command-prompts-mwe.texi:13: Undefined control
sequence.
        l.13 @PS
                1{$ }wget …/guix-install.sh
        ?

So s/PS1/prompt/g or whatever suits better.