guix-devel

Re: Software heritage and Downloader for "wrapped" tarbar?

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Software heritage and Downloader for "wrapped" tarbar?
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 16:12:57 +0200

Dear Hartmut,

On Sun, 31 May 2020 at 10:21, Hartmut Goebel <h.goebel@goebel-consult.de> wrote:

> related to the "wrapped tarball downloader":

Sorry, I have not followed closely this topic, could you provide a
link/entry point about "wrapped tarball downloader"?

> Will this work with Software Heritage? E.g. will Software Heritage be
> able to archive the unwrapped tarbar?

As said above, I do not exactly know what mean "unwrapped tarball" but
the current situation about SWH is: "guix lint" queues the origin if
it is 'git-fetch' and SWH (will soon) fetch the tarballs from
http://guix.gnu.org/sources.json (type: 'url' for now, if I have not
misread the last updates).

Thanks,
simon