guix-devel

Re: [FONTS]: Media Type Specification Changed.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: [FONTS]: Media Type Specification Changed.
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 18:13:08 +0200

Raghav,

Raghav Gururajan 写道:
Oh! How are you doing now? Let me know if you need anything. I can try
and help in any way plausible. :-)

Thanks!  I'm better than I've been, don't worry.

That change has been discussed during review and was only merged after I
gave the fact of about fontconfig. :-)

All right!

I understand. I should have mentioned in the log. But it was not sneaky.

I tried to be very clear that I didn't actually think so. Sorry if I failed.

But yeah, I should add that to my workflow of making comments/logs.

Sweet.

Agreed! I do not like inconsistencies either. Please find the patch
attached with this email.

LGTM, apart from one nitpick.

Both /share/fonts/{true,open}type are extremely common on other distributions, while /share/fonts/webopen would be unique to Guix. The de facto ’standard’ for (the much newer) WOFF seems to be, well, /share/fonts/woff. So despite my previous comments about avoiding acronyms, I'll keep the latter. We can always revisit this later.

Applied as 7d426c5b0e27cc3e72c6e12e07b8c42055cedba0.  Thanks!

Kind regards,

T G-R

[0]: