guix-devel

Re: MIPS support

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: Re: MIPS support
Date: Wed, 06 May 2020 18:45:33 +0100

Vincent Legoll <address@hidden> writes:

>> In the intervening years, interest faded away as free software friendly
>> MIPS hardware became more rare.
>
> I grabbed a gnubee during the crowdfunding campaign, but the CPU
> is too low spec to do a lot of compilation on it.

At least the main blocker for me is the lack of substitutes for the
things that fail to build with QEMU. So maybe one or a few machines
which were able to build those specific things would be sufficient to
provide some substitutes.

I did have a look at seeing if I could purchase hardware, but I didn't
really know what to look at. Maybe we could try putting out an appeal
for MIPS hardware, maybe someone has some they don't use and would
donate?