guix-devel

Re: 13/36: services: Add hurd-console-service-type.

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: 13/36: services: Add hurd-console-service-type.
Date: Sun, 03 May 2020 22:55:21 +0200

Ludovic Courtès writes:

>> (define* (expression->derivation-in-linux-vm name exp
>>                                              #:key
>>                                              (system (%current-system))
>> target
>>                                              (linux linux-libre)
>>
>> that is called by qemu-image.  So I have been playing with this hack
>
> Ah, so there was a #$ vs. #+ issue we discussed on IRC.  Did that
> help?

Yes; that fixed this aspect.  In fact, fixing this allows me to
introduce guix system build --target=i586-pc-gnu / guix system vm-image
--target=i586-pc-gnu much earlier, and have those working.

So I have reversed some bits, and now don't need to introduce the
hurd-service->shepherd-service intermediate anymore!

I'll reset wip-hurd-vm with those improvements.

> The VM is used just to create the image (it will no longer be necessary
> once Mathieu’s work on image creation has landed).  The fact that it
> runs Linux doesn’t matter.

Yes...

>>> Please add a ‘description’ too!
>>
>> For the default value?
>
> No, I meant a ‘description’ field.

Ah, I believe, I think it's there.  Someone may have overlooked
something.

Thanks!

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com