guix-devel

Re: guix publish wrt foreign arch

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: guix publish wrt foreign arch
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 15:56:46 +0100

Hello,

Vincent Legoll <address@hidden> skribis:

> I'm wondering if guix publish (or something else) could act as local
> network substitute cache for foreign arch ?
>
> I.e. using a x86_64 host as a substitute server for, say, arm64 hosts...
>
> Would it only serve as a local cache of source downloads ?
>
> How would I setup that ?

To complement what Efraim wrote, ‘guix publish’ itself publishes
anything you have in the store; it does not matter whether these are
x86_64 build results, or aarch64 build results, or anything.

Now, in the setup you mention, you’d need to populate the store with
aarch64 binaries somehow.  This can be done following Efraim’s advice,
for example.

HTH,
Ludo’.