guix-devel

Re: gradle not supported?

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: gradle not supported?
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 07:49:35 -0400

Le 13 mars 2020 05:30:06 GMT-04:00, Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> a écrit :
>Hi!
>
>Do you people know if there is a way to build such libraries without
>relying on Gradle then?
>
>In particular, I'd like to package
>https://github.com/hyperledger/iroha-java/.
>
>Cheers!

You can try with the ant-build-system. When you pass a #:jar-name argument, it
will create a build.xml script for you. I hope this is enough for your package.

My current focus is the maven-build-system. I'm almost there, but still having
some issues that I don't understand well. Once I have it, a gradle build system
should be relatively easy to create, because I could reuse many of the things I
wrote for maven. Bootstrapping gradle will be very difficult though, mostly
because of kotlin, which presents a bootstrapping issue. With a binary kotlin,
I'm confident I could build gradle. It'll probably take months if not years to
get there (remember I'm working on this since 2018!) so don't count on it too
much.

Sorry for the bad news :/