guix-devel

Re: [GSOC 2020] Discussing GNU Guix project ideas?

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: [GSOC 2020] Discussing GNU Guix project ideas?
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2020 10:58:10 +0100

Hello Leandro,

Leandro Doctors <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2020. márc. 3., Ke 23:45):
On Tue, 3 Mar 2020 at 19:32, zimoun <address@hidden> wrote:
> Based on your interests (Clojure, Leiningen, etc.), you should
> consider something around a Clojure "importer". (Note that I am
> ignorant about the Java ecosystem.)

Thanks for the idea, Simon!

> Currently, it is possible to import Python packages from PyPI, or
> Haskell packages from Hackage, or etc. see [1] and something about
> Clojure seems missing. I am quoting Ludo from [2]:

Thanks for the pointers!
I will check these projects and let you know.

On another side, I will be offline for a fer days, so I expect to
start working on my proposal draft from March 16th onwards.
Would it be OK if I publish a project draft on
GoogleDocs/GitHub/GitLab in (let's say) MarkDown by March 20th, so
people can easily comment on it? I think getting feedback on a
document via email may be quite difficult...
Please, state your preference.

Another option would be to add it to the ideas page in a comment. When it is ready, it would be easy to publish it by uncommenting. That way the ideas would stay om the same place.

Best regards,
g_bor

Best,
Leandro