guix-devel

Re: Improving the translation process

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Improving the translation process
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 00:55:11 +0100

Hi Julien,

This proposal to use hosted.weblate.org seems nice. But I think we
should be able to use the both. I mean, I feel more comfortable with
Emacs to edit some text than some webapp. To be concrete, often my
"window" is split into several pieces and I compare one part with
another, etc. And I do not know how to do that with my browser (since
the Next browser is not ready yet).

However, this will totally help people with less technical skills.
I think the translation/proofread is a really good door to come in a
project. And the TP machinery is not obvious the first time you deal
with it; even the second time. ;-)

All the best,
simon