guix-devel

Re: 05/05: gnu: Add ghc-hspec-discover.

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: 05/05: gnu: Add ghc-hspec-discover.
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2020 10:08:49 +0100

Hello,

Timothy Sample <address@hidden> writes:

> We already have “hspec-discover” without the “ghc” prefix.  The two
> packages look identical to me – is this an unintentional copy?

Oh! I hadn't noticed!

Well, is there any strong reason to use "hspec-discover" over
"ghc-hspec-discover", besides that it already exists?

For the arguments in favor of using ghc-hspec-discover:
- every other "hspec" package uses the "ghc-" prefix,
- the hackage importer names it,
- the hackage importer will add "ghc-hspec-discover" as an input anyway.

So what about deprecating "hspec-discover" in favor of
"ghc-hspec-discover"?

Thanks for the heads up!

Regards,

--