guix-devel

Re: Presentations for the Guix Days! (FOSDEM 2020)

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Presentations for the Guix Days! (FOSDEM 2020)
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2020 23:13:01 +0100

Hi Pjotr,

On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 at 20:37, Pjotr Prins <address@hidden> wrote:

> As Andreas pointed out, the Guix days are an unconference. That is, it
> gets organized on the spot so we have ample time to discuss important
> topics and hack.

*If* I was not able to attend, I would like to be able to remotely ear
the discussions. I do not know if the ICAB network can support small
broadcast but I am in favor to at least try. :-)

To be clear, we could stream only the sound and the screen when
someone shows off with a nifty hack. ;-)
Just share the live for people who cannot travel (visa, money, ecology, etc.).

(I have recently participated to remote meeting and it was nice;
because as you maybe know France and especially Paris is living a long
public transportation strike so it is hard be in the same place.
Whatever!)

Well, I have used my (meta)University service named Rendez-vous by
RENATER but I am not sure it is allowed to used for non-university
stuff.

The 2 questions are:

 1. Who can bring a good quality microphone?
 2. What service could be used to webcast (voice+screen)? Jitsi?

@Ricardo: I remember you proposed something around point 1. Is it
still an option? Or not at all.

Cheers,
simon