guix-devel

Running Guix on a Hetzner Virtual Machine

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: Running Guix on a Hetzner Virtual Machine
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2019 17:50:37 +0000

Hey,

I just succeeded in setting in getting Guix running on a virtual server
hosted by Hetzner.

They don't offer an ISO image for Guix (yet… I've submitted a ticket),
so I installed from the rescue system. The only snag was virtio_scsi
Linux module needed adding to the initramfs, otherwise /dev/sda didn't
show up.

Is there a best place to document these little configuration issues? The
manual probably isn't appropriate, but maybe there could be a "Hardware
and Hosting" section in the manual to document this?

Chris