guix-devel

Re: Guix pull chokes on uglify-js

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Guix pull chokes on uglify-js
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 21:47:44 +0100

Sorry about that, guix didn't complain at compile time and every looked
fine, but apparently I missed something :(

On closer look, I think I found the culprit: we have a minify build
system and in guix/build-system/minify.scm we define the
default-uglify-js procedure which retrieves uglify-js from the lisp
module.

I assume the following would do the trick:

(define (default-uglify-js)
  "Return the default package to minify JavaScript source files."
  ;; Lazily resolve the binding to avoid a circular dependency.
  (let ((js-mod (resolve-interface '(gnu packages javascript))))
    (module-ref js-mod 'uglify-js)))

Does that sound reasonable?
Ricardo?

By the way, is there a convenient way to catch this kind of errors
without pushing to master first?

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/