guix-devel

Re: Stackage LTS 14

From: Timothy Sample
Subject: Re: Stackage LTS 14
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 21:20:14 -0500

Hi Marius,

Marius Bakke <address@hidden> writes:

> I appreciate the heads-up.  Thanks again for taking on this task.  The
> branch LGTM.
>
> I've restarted the builds that you mentioned in another message.  How is
> the weather looking, do you think it's ready to merge?  :-)

There are a few remaining issues, but...

I decided to push anyway!  :)

As far as I can tell, the remaining issues also affect master, so there
is no harm pushing.  Also, I have been continually building everything
locally, so I know that all of the packages can be built at least
sometimes.  The major problems are “git-annex”, a few R packages, and
the dependencies of “ghc-fsnotify”, which include “idris”.  The only one
that has been built on master but not on wip-haskell-updates is “idris”
(I can’t tell if restarting the build helped – Cuirass does not show
anything new).  It looks like the set of failing R packages is slightly
different between master and wip-haskell-updates, but I haven’t
investigated too deeply.  I did see some local failures with R packages
when building with a larger “--max-jobs”.  They seemed to go away when I
retried with a lower “--max-jobs”.  They also seemed to consume a lot of
RAM.

It’s done!  \o/  Sorry to anyone (esp. Idris users) who is stuck
building a few packages locally.  Thanks to everyone who helped out and
provided input (with special mention to Robert who packaged GHC 8.6.5 in
the first place and John who spurred me to get started by asking about
PureScript dependencies and who fixed up “xmobar”).  :)

-- Tim