guix-devel

Propagate inputs with a specific output only?

From: Hartmut Goebel
Subject: Propagate inputs with a specific output only?
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 17:32:14 +0100

Hi,

I have a package, written in Python, which consists of a command line
tool and a GUI. Since the GUI requires Qt, I would like to create two
outputs: "out", and "gui". Thus one could install the command line tool
without huge dependencies.

Now the GUI requires Qt, but for Python packages one needs to specify
the requirements as propagated inputs. How can I make some of the
inputs propagated with output "gui" only?

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | address@hidden               |