guix-devel

Re: Missing fonts when compiling latex documents

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Missing fonts when compiling latex documents
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 00:31:55 +0100

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

> Sorry for the troubles, indeed only the big "texlive" package is fully
> functional with Guix at the moment.

This statement could be misunderstood.  The individual texlive packages
work pretty well for many use cases.  I myself have been using them
since they have become available and I have no problems formatting
letters with g-brief, for example.

Some package combinations might not work, but that’s not because only
the big “texlive” package is fully functional, but because there are
minor bugs in the configuration when using split packages that are
exposed when certain packages are used.  We should treat these bug
reports on a case by case basis.

There are no known big issues that need fixing with the individual
packages.  What should be done, though, is to provide a meta-package
that installs most (if not all) of the individual packages for an
experience similiar to that of having installed the big “texlive”
package — only modular.

@Alexandros: could you please show us the error message you get?  The
messages usually include the names of LaTeX packages that have not been
found.

--
Ricardo