guix-devel

Re: gnu: python: Update to 3.8.0.

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: gnu: python: Update to 3.8.0.
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 14:27:06 +0100

Hello,

Tanguy Le Carrour <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. nov. 13., Sze 14:23):
Le 11/13, Gábor Boskovits a écrit :
> Tanguy Le Carrour <address@hidden> ezt írta:
> >  2. different paths for `python3.8` in the shebang of some scripts.
> >  3. different paths in prefix for `python3.8` (some origin as above).
> >
> 3 and 2 should be investigated. Do you get these diffs even with grafts
> disabled?

```
$ ./pre-inst-env guix build --no-grafts --rounds=2 python@3.8
```

This works! \o/

Unfortunately, I only have a vague idea of what a graft is and what it
is used for! … shame on me! ^_^'
So, it goes without saying that I have no clue what the next step should
be! :-)
This actually means that the build is ok as is, so if there are no other things beside this issue, I would say it is safe to push.

Regards,

--
Tanguy
Best regards,