guix-devel

Re: Publishing news about Guix on a weekly basis

From: sirgazil
Subject: Re: Publishing news about Guix on a weekly basis
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2019 12:53:45 -0500

Hi, Christopher.

---- On Sun, 03 Nov 2019 07:19:42 -0500 Christopher Baines <address@hidden>
wrote ----

 > Hey,
 >
 > So this is something that might have come up in discussion once or
 > twice, but I've now got around to actually building a prototype.
 >
 > You can see it here: http://prototype-guix-weekly-news.cbaines.net/
 >
 > Now that I've actually spent some time implementing something, I feel
 > like this has led to more questions than I've answered. Could this be a
 > useful thing, and if so why, and to whom? Is weekly the right cadence?
 > What information should be included? Could it be available in multiple
 > languages? I'd be very interested to hear from anyone who has any
 > thoughts on the above topics.

I like the idea and I think it would be useful for people to see that the
project is in active development.

Personally, I find useful the lists of packages, and I think I'd like to see
the number of new, removed and changed packages at the beginning of the news
entry, plus bug activity (as others have already suggested).

I have one question, though; couldn't these news be posted as entries in the
current blog, tagged as "News" entries?

---
https://sirgazil.bitbucket.io/