guix-devel

Re: gnu: python: Update to 3.8.0.

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: gnu: python: Update to 3.8.0.
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 13:31:27 +0100

Hello,

Tanguy Le Carrour <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. nov. 4., H, 11:50):
Hi Gàbor,

Le 11/04, Gábor Boskovits a écrit :
> Hello,
> Tanguy Le Carrour <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. nov. 4.,
> > Thanks for the snippet! I updated my package definition accordingly (see
> > attachment), but… `./pre-inst-env guix build --rounds=2 python@3.8`
> > always fails with:
> >
> > """
> > output ‘/gnu/store/…-python-3.8.0’ of ‘/gnu/store/…-python-3.8.0.drv’
> > differs from previous round
> > """
> >
> > I checked and I have the same problem with my previous version! :-(
> >
> > Any idea welcome!!
> >

> Can you provide a diff? If it makes sense also a diffoscope output?

First time I hear of diffoscope! I had a look at the output (html attached),
but couldn't make sense of it!

Nice, one thing that looks problematic is that there seems to be a mismatch in the hash.
 At one line you can see the shabang modified to a different path...
I don't yet know the reason of that, but it quite suspicious...
One thing, when dealing with things like like this, one should first fix the readable differences,
and only then dig deeper, as fixing those often cascade, and fix more than anticipated.

> Eariler we had bytecode reproducibility problems, but this might be
> something completely different...

Utterly out of my comfort zone, sorry! ^_^'

Any help welcome!

--
Tanguy

Best regards,
g_bor
--
OpenPGP Key Fingerprint: 7988:3B9F:7D6A:4DBF:3719:0367:2506:A96C:CF63:0B21