guix-devel

Re: 'staging' is FROZEN

From: Bengt Richter
Subject: Re: 'staging' is FROZEN
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 21:47:20 -0700

On +2019-10-15 19:03:41 +0200, Marius Bakke wrote:
> Hello Guixers,
>
> The 'staging' branch is now considered "frozen" and only takes
> bug-fixes for new regressions.  You can follow progress here:
>
> https://ci.guix.gnu.org/jobset/staging-staging

No I can't, unfortunately -- not without setting DNSSEC=off :-(

(I did that as a temporary measure, just to see, and I do get through
that way, but I don't want to turn DNSSEC off).

(Thank you Marius, BTW, who pointed me to
where I got the DNSSEC=off clue).

https://gnu.org works fine with DNSSEC=on (with the exception of page
links from there to guix.gnu.org or savannah.gnu.org (that I know of)).

Why does gnu.org work and guix.gnu.org not??

That gnu.org works makes me think the problem is at guix.gnu.org,
not in a configuration problem on my machine.

I wonder if key infrastructure potholes like this are not putting off
more potential contributors than other recently discussed put-offs :)

> Two months have passed since the previous 'staging' merge due to the
> recent 'core-updates' effort.  Thus, this cycle somewhat larger than
> usual.  Shortlog below.
>
> Thanks to everyone who contributed!

[...]
--