guix-devel

Re: Joint statement on the GNU Project

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Joint statement on the GNU Project
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 21:44:43 -0400

  > GNU and free software philosophy is not made to exclude any women or
  > any men, in fact it does not relate to any other politics but free
  > software politics. GNU project is apolitical and shall stay so for a
  > good reason.

  > The only politics for GNU is free software politics.

This is exactly correct.  Most of us have political views about other
issues, but in connection with GNU we should not go further than hint
at them -- not argue for them, let alone propose that the GNU Project
endorse them.  Use your own non-GNU site to present your politics --
as I do.

I speak for the GNU Project as its head.  That doesn't mean I speak
for GNU Project participants.  You don't have to agree with the GNU
Project's free software principles, its goals or its policies to
participate in the GNU Project.  All that is required is to act in
accord with them in your work on GNU.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)