guix-devel

Testing small changes to upstream Guix repo

From: David Wilson
Subject: Testing small changes to upstream Guix repo
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2019 06:47:21 -0700

Hi all!

I've got a one-line change I'd like to make to the XFCE package config with the hopes of submitting a patch.  What is the quickest way to make that change and reconfigure my local system to test it out?  I assume it might be one of the following options:

1. Find where the Guix repo gets cloned locally and make the change there
2. Clone the Guix repo myself, change the file, and somehow replace the upstream channel with my local repo path

There must be an easy way to do this but I wasn't able to find it by quickly browsing through the manual.

Thanks!

David