guix-devel

dependancies for importers

From: Martin Becze
Subject: dependancies for importers
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2019 04:20:46 -0700

Hello,
I'm wokring on the crate importer. It currently doesn't support
versioning of dependancies and just always uses the latest version of a
given crate. Of course this would break main rust packages, so i'm
trying to add version support. To do this I need to be able it find a
dependancy in a specified semantic version range and to do this I'm
attempting to use a guile module
(https://ngyro.com/software/guile-semver/). Is it possible to package
this module then use it in an importer? Or should I just put the modules
code directly in the `guix/import` ?

Thanks,
-Martin Becze