guix-devel

Re: haskell changes

From: Robert Vollmert
Subject: Re: haskell changes
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 20:14:24 +0200

Hi Ricardo,

> On 16. Aug 2019, at 20:07, Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I have some Haskell-related changes ready for review and ideally merge
>> on wip-haskell-updates.
>>
>> I’ve tested them locally to the extent I managed; is CI broken or did I break
>> something there? http://ci.guix.gnu.org/jobset/wip-haskell-updates
>
> These errors usually mean that Cuirass didn’t even get to compute the
> evaluation.  Have you tried compiling your branch locally to see if
> perhaps there’s an obstacle to compiling Guix?

thanks for the pointer, I will try a clean build now. I did build locally in
the sense of calling “make”, but it’s possible that I missed some missing
imports — I sometimes get warnings about unresolved variable names that
don’t cause the build to fail, though trying to `guix build` the corresponding
package later does fail.

Is there some `guix build` invocation I could call to build whatever `guix pull`
would build? I imagine that might be where cuirass is failing now?

While running the clean make, I got the following warnings I remember seeing
before — might these be the root of the problem? In that case I’ll see if I’m
too far behind master.

[ 11%] LOAD     guix/scripts/archive.scm
WARNING: (guix scripts archive): `error-source' imported from both (gcrypt
common) and (gcrypt pk-crypto)
WARNING: (guix scripts archive): `error-string' imported from both (gcrypt
common) and (gcrypt pk-crypto)

Cheers
Robert