guix-devel

Re: Please merge wip-haskell-updates (Re: [bug#36807] remove obsolete br

From: Robert Vollmert
Subject: Re: Please merge wip-haskell-updates (Re: [bug#36807] remove obsolete broken haskell packages)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019 15:42:44 +0200

On 8. Aug 2019, at 15:12, Marius Bakke <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have one comment about the series: we've disabled tests on some
> packages that have been broken "forever" on i686.  It would be better to
> do so selectively on just the affected architectures.  I.e.:
>
> #:tests? (if (string-prefix? "i686" (%current-system))
>              #f
>              #t)
>
> Preferably with a comment about why they need to be disabled.  That way,
> we will still notice when something breaks on other architectures.  Can
> you try it Rob?

I don’t intend to, because I think the effort is better spent elsewhere.
But do make the change if you like!

The rough plan from my point of view would be to aim for an upgrade of
the haskell packages to build with ghc-8.6 from a recent stackage LTS
set, and reevaluate skipped tests across the set while doing that or
once that’s done.

Cheers
Robert