guix-devel

Re: Go importer - help with git-fetch

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: Go importer - help with git-fetch
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2019 14:45:37 +0200

On 2019-08-06 12:26, Pierre Neidhardt wrote:
Just to be sure: did you write the go imported from scratch?  Because a
work-in-progress has been available for a while, you may want to base
your work on it.

Oh. Yeah, I did based on Go-Search and with inspiration from Jakob Kreuze.

I just found the WIP golang.scm among the patches, see #35627. It relies on unstable github tarballs for sha256 hashes which in my view is not a viable approach. Also it was lacking an easy road to recursive import which is really what we want IMHO.

My patch is quite concise in comparison and also extract licenses and readme's from github. It also has a complete list of the dependencies and can be easily extended with recourse-ability.

Only the hashing is missing now, besides the calling script in guix/scripts/import and documentation.

Anyone know how to calculate the hash based on a checkout?

--
Cheers Swedebugia