guix-devel

Re: GNOME 3.30.x

From: Timothy Sample
Subject: Re: GNOME 3.30.x
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 11:05:14 -0400

Hi Raghav,

Raghav Gururajan <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello Timothy Sample!
>
> I saw the tread (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-05/
> msg00119.html) and wanted to include you in this (currently-messaging)
> thread (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-07/msg00119.
> html). ☺

I have been keeping an eye on this, and I broadly agree with you.
However, there are some more serious GNOME problems that I would like to
work on before worrying about the list of packages.  Here are a couple
of examples:

  • GNOME 3.30 does not use the right timezone
  • We are on GNOME 3.30 and not 3.32
  • GNOME Shell will not use an upgraded application automatically

In addition to these, there are still a number of GDM issues.
Unfortunately, Guix currently has more things to work on than it does
workers, which causes many little projects to fall by the wayside (at
least for a while).  It’s frustrating, sure, but it’s not uncommon for
free software projects.

-- Tim