guix-devel

Cuirass Ghzminutes enhancement idea

From: swedebugia
Subject: Cuirass Ghzminutes enhancement idea
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 17:43:54 +0200

Hi

I would like to estimate how long building the rust toolchain would take on my 2-c 2.2 Ghz laptop.

I asked on irc and had an idea of improvement:
<rekado_> swedebugia: you can check the build duration for past builds on ci.guix.gnu.org <rekado_> most of the build nodes are pretty old and weak, though probably still faster than a 2-core celeron. <rekado_> (we’re currently finalising the order for a replacement of all but two build nodes)
<swedebugia> rekado_, wow new fast nodes :)
* bzp har avslutat (Quit: Lost terminal)
<swedebugia> Maybe we could have an additional time measurement: Ghzminutes. E.g. if the build took 60 minutes on a 3 Ghz machine it took 20 Ghzminutes. <swedebugia> The build node would have to communicate the total Ghz used for the build. E.g. if 2-core 3 Ghz= 2*3 Ghz= 6 Ghz.

Any thoughts about this?

--
Cheers Swedebugia