guix-devel

Re: Running Guix System on Hetzner Cloud

From: Jonathan Brielmaier
Subject: Re: Running Guix System on Hetzner Cloud
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2019 13:00:42 +0200

On 6/6/19 12:37 PM, address@hidden wrote:
> Jonathan Brielmaier transcribed 93K bytes:
>> Hi fellow Guix hackers,
>>
>> the last weekend I tried to install Guix system on the Hetzner Cloud[0].
>> First I tried to use Ubuntu, install Guix with the installer script and
>> then initiate Guix with "guix system init /mnt...". This wasn't
>> successful as Guix system didn't boot.
>>
>> So I asked them if they could add the Guix ISO to there ISO image
>> collection and they did it. At the moment only for my account, not general.
>
> How did you convince them? The last 3 times I asked for systems which weren't
> in their ISO selection, I was told it isn't possible and I should find ways
> to do it myself (which I did then).

I just asked them over a support request :) The Guix ISO is only visible
at my account, I didn't asked yet if they could add it for all customers...

BTW: I built an ISO image with the fix from
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/36099. They added this ISO as well to
my account and now the installation succeeds with the graphical installer :)