guix-devel

Re: Crosscompiling C++ for powerpc64le fails

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Crosscompiling C++ for powerpc64le fails
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2019 15:04:47 +0200

Hi Marius,

Marius Bakke <address@hidden> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

>> The issue that Tobias reports reminds me of the CPATH vs. C_INCLUDE_PATH
>> issue that was causing troubles with newer GCCs, and that I think Marius
>> addressed in ‘core-updates’ (?).  Marius, does that ring a bell?
>
> Unfortunately there are still issues with cross-compiling C++ on
> 'core-updates'.  For 'C', the workaround was to go back to "CROSS_CPATH"
> instead of "CROSS_C_INCLUDE_PATH", like with native builds.

That should also address C++, since CPATH (and CROSS_CPATH) are for all
language front-ends, no just C, no?

> For native builds on core-updates, GCC7 occasionally fails if the libc
> or kernel headers are not on C_INCUDE_PATH (see e.g. f90d6c3).  It could
> be that cross builds need a similar workaround, but I have not found the
> magic incantation yet.

How can it be that kernel headers are not on C_INCLUDE_PATH (or CPATH)?

On core-updates, I see that ‘gcc-6’ changes ‘native-search-paths’ from
C_INCLUDE_PATH & co. to CPATH, and likewise, ‘cross-gcc’ sets
‘search-paths’ to CROSS_CPATH.  That looks consistent to me.

Ludo’.