guix-devel

Re: Add helper for .desktop file creation?

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Add helper for .desktop file creation?
Date: Sat, 25 May 2019 14:51:42 +0200

Thanks for the feedback!

You are absolutely right, my initial implementation is not ready for
merge, but it's already useful as a proof of concept.

Would you happen to know where this is implemented in Nix?
Otherwise I'll look at the doc you've linked.

Or... I'm thinking we could do even better: use #:allow-other-keys then
generate the entry from the key symbol (e.g. #:categories would generate
"Categories").  This way the function would not have to hard-code the keys.

Regarding your point on the string vs. list values, I suggest we accept
both for all arguments and we string-join the lists.

Thoughts?

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/