guix-devel

Re: GNU Guix 1.0.1 released

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: GNU Guix 1.0.1 released
Date: Fri, 24 May 2019 08:27:50 +0200

Hi Dan,

> Perhaps someone can update the website <http://guix.gnu.org> or
> <http://guix.info>
> which still has a DOWNLOAD 1.0.0 button.

Yes, this is on my TODO list and blocked by a little bug.

> On a related note, how come there are two versions of the official Guix
> website?
> - http://gnu.org/s/guix (this one seems to be the most recent/updated one)
> - http://guix.info or http://guix.gnu.org (this one seems to lag behind)

The gnu.org website is the canonical one.

guix.info and guix.gnu.org point to the same server, so they are equally
outdated at the moment.

> Is it possible to unify them somehow, perhaps? It would be less
> confusing for people searching for Guix on Google or DuckDuckGo.

Yes.  “guix.info” was a stop-gap domain to enable us to set up
subdomains more quickly, which we no longer need now that “guix.gnu.org”
exists.  “guix.gnu.org” should eventually be the only domain in use.

Sorry for the mess.

--
Ricardo