guix-devel

Re: Fingerprint GUI

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Fingerprint GUI
Date: Sat, 18 May 2019 12:20:13 +0200

Hartmut Goebel wrote:
From the Readme:

Fingerprint GUI is based on the libfprint library. Additionally, you may install the bundled non-free libbsapi library. In this case Fingerprint GUI will automatically support all fingerprint readers manufactured by UPEK,
Inc.

While I haven't tried this GUI yet, I should note that I've been able to fprintd-{enroll,verify} without any blobs with my

 ~ λ lsusb
 Bus 001 Device 003: ID 147e:2020 Upek TouchChip Fingerprint
   Coprocessor (WBF advanced mode)

so it might not be so bad even then.

Kind regards,

T G-R