guix-devel

Re: [Non-root Guix]: Unable to build guix

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: [Non-root Guix]: Unable to build guix
Date: Fri, 03 May 2019 23:14:15 -0700

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> writes:

> When using a different store
> location it is impossible to use pre-built binaries, unfortunately.

Nitpick: it is possible to use pre-built binaries when using a custom
store location, if the substitutes were built for the same store
location.  But since the build farm only builds for the "/gnu/store"
location, then yes, in practice anyone who uses a different store
location will not be able to get substitutes from the build farm.

I know Ricardo already knows this; I just wanted to clarify this in case
anyone else was reading and might have gotten the wrong impression.

--
Chris