guix-devel

Re: GNU Guix 1.0.0 released

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: GNU Guix 1.0.0 released
Date: Thu, 02 May 2019 18:20:36 -0400

> We are thrilled to announce the release of GNU Guix 1.0.0!
>
> This 1.0 release is a major milestone for Guix.  It represents 7 years
> of hard work with more than 40,000 commits by 260 people, 19 releases,
> and an equally amazing amount of work on documentation, translation,
> artwork, web design, mentoring, outreach, and many other activities that
> together have made it a thriving project.

Thank you Ludovic for giving birth to this project and seeing it through
to maturity, and thanks to everyone here for making this such a vibrant
and healthy community.  Guix has truly raised the bar in giving users
the practical ability to exercise the four freedoms of free software,
and that's an accomplishment whose importance cannot be overstated.

       Mark