guix-devel

Re: Video narration

From: Laura Lazzati
Subject: Re: Video narration
Date: Wed, 1 May 2019 11:05:19 -0300

Hi Paul!

> Thank you for testing.  The results are different from my system.
You are welcome :) I like testing (and trying to break) stuff - I
wished this worked well though :/

> I think we are seeing a difference between wall-clock time and cpu
> time.  In the screen file I can see there is a snap! procedure that
> writes a frame to disk after each interval.  It looks as if the disk
> i/o is interrupting the sleep counter and introducing a delay that
> depends on the system activity.
>
> We may need to change tack to get accurate time delays.  One thought is
> to replace the timer with a 'repeat' procedure that repeats the
> previous frame.  If we know the sleep duration, s, and the interval, i,
> we can calculate the number of repeats, N, needed:
>
> N = s / i
>
> This method would be unaffected by disk write times or rounding errors.
I understand the issue. I definitely HAVE TO learn Guile. During the
internship -and now- I am able to understand what the code is doing
and change it a little bit, or set the configuration of the distro for
instance, but I don't know to write from scratch :/
While writing this I am opening a tutorial :)

Regards :)
Laura