guix-devel

Re: Video narration

From: Paul Garlick
Subject: Re: Video narration
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 23:29:12 +0100

Hi Laura,

> I deleted all the videos and made them again
> and now I don't see that issue anymore.

Ah, good news!

> For this, what I could do is generate the cli sesison video with the
> "silence1.mp3" to have duration1, and then compare it with the
> duration of cli1.mp3 (for instance).  Then, run a script comparing
> the durations while duration2 < duration1 append silence1.mp3 to
> cli1.mp3.  And finally use the generated cli1.mp3 as the input
> matching the video stream.
> I find a little bit manual, but I don't mind doing it if you find it
> OK.
> WDYT?

We may have to experiment a little to solve the question of combining
the cli and nocli videos in a manner than can be replayed by
Firefox/Icecat.

One test I can try tomorrow is to concatenate the nocli videos on their
own.  Will the combined video play in Firefox?  If so, it would suggest
that the mismatch of the audio and video stream durations is the cause
of the stoppage.

There is a way to concatenate audio files with ffmpeg.  So if we know
we need an extra <ts> seconds of silence, say, we can generate the file
with the command I previously posted and join the silence to the end of
the narration.

This would be a script-free alternative method.

Best regards,

Paul.