guix-devel

Where to contribute a new package?

From: HiPhish
Subject: Where to contribute a new package?
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2019 20:44:41 +0200

Hello everyone,

I would like to contribute a new package: the command line testing framework
Roundup[1]. I think I have it all figured out so far for the most part, but I
don't know what module to add it to. Roundup allows writing tests for command-
line applications, usually shell scripts, but it's not limited to those. I use
it in a project of mine, so I would like to have this package.

One small caveat, building the man pages requires Ronn[2], which is a Ruby gem
not available in Guix. Roundup will build without Ronn as well, it will just
be missing the man pages. Is this acceptable?

What module would be best suited for a command-line testing framework?

[1] https://github.com/bmizerany/roundup/
[2] https://github.com/rtomayko/ronn