guix-devel

Re: wip-netlink

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: wip-netlink
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 08:18:49 +0200

Hello Ludo,

Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. ápr. 8., H, 17:20):

> Hi there!
>
> Gábor Boskovits <address@hidden> skribis:
>
> > I've pushed a branch with some preliminary work on the netlink wrapper
> > for guix, so that
> > we can have ipv6 static network configuration, and a bunch of other
> > goodies, including hopefully container networking.
> > This is in quite an early stage, I was mostly doing some research, and
> > tried to define the data structures needed.
>
> Did you have a chance to make further progress on this front?

Yes, now I do. I was not well, and had to skip a whole week of work,
then I got overwhelmed when
I got back. I will start working on this again soon. Help is
appreciated however, so if anyone is willing
to have a look into this, that would be great. I feel I have most of
the data structures in place,
I will finish up the defines, which are not completed (I will have to
hunt the headers fo the proper sizes),
and I am thinking about creating a little abstraction on top of the
netlinkmsg, so that we can add attributes
with the proper 4 byte alignment required by netlink. Then I will
create a wrapper for the syscalls. After that
however we should discuss how to actually finish this up, I belive
that this could be done in two steps,
at first expoose the functionality for testing, without a reliable
command transfer, then add in the acknowledge
handling later. Wdyt?

> Thank you!
>
> Ludo’.

Best regards,