guix-devel

Re: 05/15: gnu: wesnoth: Rename package to the-battle-for-wesnoth.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: 05/15: gnu: wesnoth: Rename package to the-battle-for-wesnoth.
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 22:15:46 +0100

Pierre, hell, all,

Pierre Neidhardt wrote:
(Using Emacs-Guix.el, Helm, or the next GTK interface.)

Emacs?  Helm?  This ‘average user’ thing is a red herring.

I visited my mother today and she asked why my screen is always black and white.

I admit to being irritated by this speculation in my previous reply, yet happily joined in, and I shouldn't have. Since…

Why bother? We don't have to choose between POLA from other command-line package managers and providing pretty metadata for higher-level UIs.
We can do both.

Absolutely.

…this is all that matters.

(No, not people agreeing with me.)