guix-devel

Re: Zotero Packaging Request

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Zotero Packaging Request
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 15:31:07 +0100

Hello Raghav,

"Raghav Gururajan" <address@hidden> skribis:

> Can anyone package Zotero (https://www.zotero.org/) into Guix? It is a
> powerful reference management software that is being used in academia,
> literature and journalism. This packaging will be useful for many
> users. Kindly consider.

As you know Guix is driven by volunteers who choose to donate their time
to this collaborative effort and to work with one another.  I would
kindly invite you to join us, this is a great opportunity!

If you’re already using Guix, getting into the position of a packager
should not be too difficult.  Pierre wrote a tutorial that should help
you get started:

  https://gnu.org/s/guix/blog/2018/a-packaging-tutorial-for-guix/

along with the reference manual:

  https://gnu.org/s/guix/manual/en/html_node/Defining-Packages.html

People on IRC and on the help-guix mailing list will happily provide
guidance.

Ludo’.