guix-devel

packaging - sentences in description

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: packaging - sentences in description
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 15:34:18 +0100

Hi Guix

I'm packaging go-github-com-burntsushi-locker, this is the package
definition:

(define-public go-github-com-burntsushi-locker
  (let ((commit "a6e239ea1c69bff1cfdb20c4b73dadf52f784b6a")
        (revision "0"))
    (package
      (name "go-github-com-burntsushi-locker")
      (version (git-version "0.0.0" revision commit))
      (source
       (origin
         (method git-fetch)
         (uri (git-reference
               (url "https://github.com/BurntSushi/locker";)
               (commit commit)))
         (file-name (git-file-name name version))
         (sha256
          (base32
           "1xak4aync4klswq5217qvw191asgla51jr42y94vp109lirm5dzg"))))
      (build-system go-build-system)
      (arguments
       '(#:import-path "github.com/BurntSushi/locker"))
      (home-page "https://github.com/BurntSushi/locker";)
      (synopsis "Manage named ReadWrite mutexes in Go")
      (description "Golang package for conveniently using named read/write
locks. These appear to be especially useful for synchronizing access to
session based information in web applications.

The common use case is to use the package level functions, which use a package
level set of locks (safe to use from multiple goroutines
simultaneously). However, you may also create a new separate set of locks
test.

All locks are implemented with read-write mutexes. To use them like a regular
mutex, simply ignore the RLock/RUnlock functions.")
      (license license:public-domain))))

it builds but when I check its description I get [1]:

address@hidden: time ./pre-inst-env guix lint -c description
go-github-com-burntsushi-locker
gnu/packages/golang.scm:3202:19: address@hidden: sentences in description
should be followed by two spaces; possible infractions at 60, 329, 447

Some deprecated features have been used.  Set the environment
variable GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED to "detailed" and rerun the
program to get more information.  Set it to "no" to suppress
this message.

real    4m24.644s
user    5m24.480s
sys     0m1.420s

I copy/pasted and adapted the description from the project homepage,
I'm using emacs and auto-fill mode on so it should have followed the
rules in .dir-locals.el

I can't understand where the sentences in my description lacks the two
required spaces: any hint please?

Thanks!
Gio

[1] it takes more than five minutes just for the description: I will
diligently do it for all my packages :-)... but it's a little bit
discouraging :-S

[2]
https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Synopses-and-Descriptions.html#Synopses-and-Descriptions

--