guix-devel

Config files without corresponding program

From: mikadoZero
Subject: Config files without corresponding program
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 13:38:30 -0400

When I first installed Guix SD I followed the instructions in the
manual.  I modeled my system off of the example system configuration
template 'for a "bare bones" setup, with no X11 display server' from
"8.1 Using the Configuration System" of the manual.

In the home directories for both root and another user there where
configuration files that did not have a corresponding program installed.
The configuration files in question were:

.guile-wm - guile-wm
.gdbinit - gdb
.Xdefaults - xorg
.zprofile - zsh

Is there a reason why does installing Guix SD leave these configuration
files in the home directories?