guix-devel

Re: Packaging FreeCAD

From: John Soo
Subject: Re: Packaging FreeCAD
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 02:14:15 +0000

Hi guix,

Just a quick update. I have little to report on freecad. I am still stuck packaging pyside2. I have looked over the debian packaging rules but I am unfamiliar with their packaging process. I did some research and it looks as though they are using the normal pybuild process with some alterations to some paths afterward.  The package completely fails to compile for me and I am no expert on python build tooling. Here's what I have tried so far and the error: https://paste.debian.net/1072533. Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Thanks so much Paul! This is really helpful!