guix-devel

Re: Guix video repository: First video script commited

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: Re: Guix video repository: First video script commited
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2019 12:01:45 +0100

Hi Björn,

Björn Höfling <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> since the environment is a CONTAINER, it contains really nothing
> besides what you explicitly add to it.

I was aware of this :-)

> I added those variables. It is
> really helpful to have at least "ls" and "less", and during development
> some more tools. When everything is settled, we can shrink that down to
> coreutils and less for example.

my personal workflow in this case is to use the [env] to build and
"outside env" for editing and analisys (e.g. with rmlint), BTW I agree
with you ls and less are *very* useful inside the container

anyway this is non at all a priority, just my personal wishlist :-)

Thanks!
Giovanni

--
Giovanni Biscuolo