guix-devel

Re: Guix video repository: First video script commited

From: Björn Höfling
Subject: Re: Guix video repository: First video script commited
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 17:04:20 +0100

On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 09:47:46 +0100
Gábor Boskovits <address@hidden> wrote:

> > 2. The same audio is played at every slide, something seems to be
> > off with the association of the audio to the slide. Again, I did
> > not check yet if the correct
> > audios are supplied.
>
> Here the correct audios are supplied, I suspect that the dependencies
> are not clear here
> causing the problem: For the first noCli video the all.mp3 is
> generated. Then it is not cleared up,
> so make finds it uptodate, and with all noCli videos the all.mp3 of
> the first is associated. Do you
> think this is possible?

:-)

Laura, I told you about the mistakes in the repository, and here is
mine!

In commit

669abd65e9bb2426b594e08df83e7c4a2d5a3c5e

"Don't automatically clean after video creation."

I thought it would be better to leave everything dirty and only clean
up at the full end. That assumption seamed to be wrong.

Because I commited only one step after the other, it is possible to
directly revert that commit and that should solve the audio-problem.

I can try it out later tonight, if not someone of you does it before.

Björn