guix-devel

Re: Package gmsh: best practise with test-suite?

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: Re: Package gmsh: best practise with test-suite?
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 19:38:30 +0000

zimoun <address@hidden> writes:

> What is the better?
>  a- Patch the CMakeLists.txt to generate only the right tests
>  b- Turn off all the tests

There may be a third option, run only the tests that are known to pass.

I know very little about CMake, but I searched for ctest, which is
something mentioned in the CMakeLists.txt file, and it brought up this
[1] which mentions --exclude-regex and --label-exclude. Maybe these
could somehow be passed in, or maybe set through environment variables?

1: http://bima.astro.umd.edu/nemo/man_html/ctest.1.html

If that's possible, it might be less britle than patching the file.