guix-devel

Re: Continuing the work on the recipes related to GNU Ring

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Continuing the work on the recipes related to GNU Ring
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2017 22:40:32 +0200

Hi,

Adonay Felipe Nogueira <address@hidden> skribis:

> More improvements, as described in:
>
> - [[http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/ring/2017-06/msg00004.html]].
>
> - The above reference was also made in an Enhancement tracker in Ring's
>   Tuleap instance, but I'm currently unable to visit/access their Tuleap
>   instance. For the sake of transparency, once their tracker is
>   available again, look for enhancement by searching for "Send patches
>   upstream".
>
> I have attached a set of package recipes for those wanting to test.
>
> The problem with the customized flags, and the problem with the highly
> patched pjsip/pjproject still persists, but patches for other packages
> are mostly upstream now, except for a few two or three patches.

Very nice, good to hear about progress on this front!

When you feel like some of these packages are ready, you can consider
submitting them piecemeal.  That will be less intimidating than a set of
20 packages.  ;-)

Also I noticed that the file you sent includes a couple of OpenDHT
variants.  We already have an ‘opendht’ package, but if you think it
should be adjusted, let’s do that.

Thank you!

Ludo’.