guix-devel

Re: Status of ‘staging’ branch?

From: Marius Bakke
Subject: Re: Status of ‘staging’ branch?
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2017 17:30:08 +0200

> Hello Guix!
>
> Apparently ‘staging’ is fully built on i686/x86_64.  Should we merge it?
>
> I’d like to start building ‘core-updates’ now (we’re 6 days late :-)),
> but we should get ‘staging’ out of the way first.

I think we can start building the 'core' package set now, no? Does it
include dbus/glib?

There are a quite a few ruby packages failing after the switch to 2.4:

https://hydra.gnu.org/eval/109665?compare=master#tabs-now-fail

We also have test failures in "lightdm" and "sssd":

https://hydra.gnu.org/build/2084542
https://hydra.gnu.org/build/2085014

(I can't reproduce the grub failure - luckily ;-))

I'm okay with merging now and dealing with the rest on 'master', but
would suggest trying to fix (some of) them first while we wait for the
'core' evaluation on Hydra. WDYT?